This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usability Of VR Box On TECNO Camon CX Nigeria

Good day T-fans, I trust you all are having a nice day, I am back again with another informative piece, I wanted to write about the antutu benchmark scores but then I thought, why do that when I can share a very useful information with TECNO fans.

Anyways today I will be talking about the VR box and how to use the VR box on TECNO camon CX, most people have no idea that the TECNO camon CX have such an amazing feature, they still look at TECNO the same way they saw them after the launch of the legendary TECNO N3, well it is time we all accept that change is constant and there is always room for improvement.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20170513-WA0003.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	7893

Now why this is not like your day to day “how to’s” tutorial, I suggest you take your time to read through cause the VR only support devices with its enabled sensors which is the gyroscope. VR have powerful processors and versatile sensors and with it you get to enjoy sharp displays ranging from movies to gaming and unlike before, today VR’s are affordable, impressive and phone powered. So if you are one of those who who plan on taking the VR plunge you must have this mind, there are different types and grades of VR; we have the Oculus rift, HTC Vive, Sony Play Station VR, Gear VR, Google Cardboard and Samsung Gear VR...it is advisable you update your TECNO Camon CX via OTA to be able to enjoy this feature like my colleague below

Name:	IMG-20170513-WA0005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	7894

With the VR box, you can have the freedom of watching and looking around the world for 360-degree videos. Whether you are watching an animated movie, watching stunts from all sides and angles or savoring a concert footage, with the VR viewer it would feel like you are actually among the crowd, you will have that feeling like you are also a part of that clip/movie and no longer a viewer and with the help of VR viewers like Google cardboard you will have a wonderful video experience, the amazing part of this is that it is less passive and also creates new way of visual story telling.

Distinction Between VR and 360 Videos
    Now VR and 360 video are not the same, the difference between them is that 360 videos can be watched with Google cardboard and other VR headsets. VR videos are stereoscopic 3D; it has a different right and left eye point of view like you will notice in the caption below,

Name:	IMG-20170513-WA0006.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	7895

these videos will give you the sense of being in one place in the world, the VR video is better cause with the right content, it gives you the depth of illusion. 360 videos act also in the same way with the use of your device gyroscope for instance the TECNO Camon CX, the gyroscope feature allows you to look around as you take footage.

NB: videos with lower resolution can cause objects to appear blurry which may affect your eye focus and make you feel nauseous, it is always advisable for one to opt for VR and 360 videos cause they have options for maximum quality when streaming.

How To Watch 360 Videos on TECNO Camon CX
    All this is not just possible with the gyroscope feature alone though it plays a major, before you can use these features there are some applications you will need and they can be gotten from Google PlayStore.

Requirements
    • VR player
    • VR media player
    • Google Cardboard
    • VR bike
    • Sniper VR
    These apps have their major roles too, ranging from gaming to watching movies
    1. Download and install Google Cardboard on your device, launch and configure it
    2. Proceed to the 360 video channel and and search for #360Video.
    3. Locate and select a video you want to play and start
    4. Tap on the Google Cardboard icon the screen will split in two like shown in the caption below

Name:	IMG-20170513-WA0004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	7896
    1. Insert your mobile phone into the cardboard and enjoy your chosen video in 360.
    PRICE
    the VR Box price varies alot, as they have different grade and brand, the Google Cardboard costs N43,000 while the one shown in the picture is N5,500.

If you want to watch local videos, it is advisable you download from websites that support 360 or VR videos OR better still Ifyou already have saved on your TECNO Camon CX, download the right VR or 360 video that will make your video experience better.

If you do have any question/ feedback, do use the comment form below and I will be with you shortly, Ideas are also welcomed, we are all here to learn, thanks for reading through…

Attached Files

hmm this is all shades of cool, i wont even lie

Comment

Nice thread

have been using VR Box with my Camon CX for sometime now and it's amazing.
      Last edited by Ennyholar; 05-20-2017, 04:14 AM.

Comment

• datyorubaboy
        datyorubaboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats amazing

• TamaraPosibi
        TamaraPosibi commented
        Editing a comment
        This sounds so cool!

please how can I active my vr on my camon cx please

Comment

• TamaraPosibi
        TamaraPosibi commented
        Editing a comment
        Read the post na

Originally posted by Ennyholar View Post
      Nice threads<br />
      Thanks alot sir, I am sure you are having a wonderful video experience.

Comment

• TamaraPosibi
        TamaraPosibi commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm trying to imagine how cool the vr box will be

Originally posted by Ivvy View Post
      hmm this is all shades of cool, i wont even lie
      Thanks alot sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Ennyholar View Post
        Nice threads<br />
        hmm, you people never mentioned this vr box, nuh fair o

Comment

• TamaraPosibi
          TamaraPosibi commented
          Editing a comment
          I think online shops sell it though

Nice info. I haven't even tried the VR once

Comment

• datyorubaboy
          datyorubaboy commented
          Editing a comment
          ME i have experienced VR but not on a CX

• TamaraPosibi
          TamaraPosibi commented
          Editing a comment
          would really love to try it

wow...this is nice. Lemme head to aliexpress and find a cheap VR head set. so my camon CX is wasting all this while

Comment

• TamaraPosibi
          TamaraPosibi commented
          Editing a comment
          One can get on aliexpress though

Originally posted by Ivvy View Post
        hmm, you people never mentioned this vr box, nuh fair o
        Sorry about that Sir, now you know do enjoy your camon CX to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Iam_Demola View Post
          Nice info. I haven't even tried the VR once
          Wow! You are missing out on great video and gaming experience Sir, do give it a trial.

Comment

Originally posted by aabdoo View Post
            wow...this is nice. Lemme head to aliexpress and find a cheap VR head set. so my camon CX is wasting all this while
            Nice one Sir, aliexpress offers different types of VR headset, ranging from Google Cardboard to gear box.

Comment

• TamaraPosibi
              TamaraPosibi commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you do a post on the different types?

Cool. Can't wait to try it out with a VR headset though I've downloaded lots of 360 videos and its awesome

Comment

splendid but I don't have a Canon cx can someone help me with one?
              08056323208, 08134943463
              Earnest, Nigeria.
              Manager GMC XCLUSSIVE
              Quality Service is our goal

Comment

• omoalajah
                omoalajah commented
                Editing a comment
                Who wan help you?

• TamaraPosibi
                TamaraPosibi commented
                Editing a comment
                Buy na

• earnest
                earnest commented
                Editing a comment
                So no good Samaritan on this forum self. That's why I love USA. Even if you don't put memory card self I will take it. A begger has no choice

Originally posted by earnest
              splendid but I don't have a Canon cx can someone help me with one?
              <br />
              You can still enjoy VR video's but won't enjoy VR games and 360° videos because your device doesn't have the require Gyroscope sensor.

Comment

• TamaraPosibi
                TamaraPosibi commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmm

• Ennyholar
                Ennyholar commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes Tamara
                Been a while
                We miss you on the forum.
                Hope you're good

• earnest
                earnest commented
                Editing a comment
                But don't you think that device have effects on the eyes. Cos it looks like divers google
            Advanced Options
            Working...
            X
            Download the App for a More Fluid Experience
            DOWNLOAD