X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic HiOS 3.3 Review on the Camon X and the Camon X Pro

HiOS 3.3 Review on the Camon X and the Camon X Pro

I would be reviewing the latest update on TECNO smart phones, the HiOS 3.0 and especially on TECNO Camon X.

As we all know, the TECNO HiOS is TECNO’s customized User Interface, UI which runs on all TECNOsmart phones
    released in 2016 and for those who remember well that the first smartphone to feature this UI was the TECNO Boom J8.

The HiOS have come a long way starting from the first edition HiOS 1.0 which was released in 2016 to the HiOS 2.0 which was released last year. The growth has been quite impressive over the years.

Here is a snapshot of the App tray on the Camon X HiOS 3.0

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180507-090630.png
Views:	1
Size:	995.0 KB
ID:	15543
    As seen clearly, the app icons are smaller when viewed on the tray.

I would be taking a look at how incoming calls are displayed on the HiOS 3.0 versions. In the HiOS 2.0, it allows for the receipt of calls while working on other things. It also allowed that the location of the caller be shown, however in the HiOS 3.0, while it retains the dual functionality, it eliminated the location display and shows the caller’s network instead. It also directly tells you which SIM is receiving the call as also shown in the screenshot below.

Name:	Screenshot_20180507-090822.png
Size:	842.9 KB
ID:	15544

Power Saving Management

It is no longer news that the latest
    update has removed the Ultra Power Saving Mode from TECNO devices, why this happened would keep being a mystery although it is known that Android stock devices do not have the Ultra Power saving mode. This implies that unlike the HiOS 2.0, the HiOS 3.0 does not have the Ultra Power mode but has the Battery Saving mode instead. This mode is designed to help save battery and make the device last longer while being used fully unlike the Ultra power saving mode which does not allow any usage other than basic usage.

Name:	Screenshot_20180507-092528.png
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	15542Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180507-092854.png
Views:	2
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	15545

The Phone Master allows for more complex management of power; you can always toggle off brightness, wifi, location, Bluetooth and even vibration on tapping of the screen. You can play with all forms of power saving options on the device using this Advanced settings.

File Move to SDCard

The other HiOS version does not have the ability to move your files to SDCard from the Phone Master directly. The HiOS 3.0 on the Camon X does allow this. This means that you can move your apps to your SD Card. We all know this feature was discontinued originally on the Android Marshmallow by Android themselves but HiOS allows you to do this using the Phone Master on the device.

So, if you are willing to move apps and files to SDCard, you are safe and secured.
    Attached Files

• replied
    please how can i downgrade from hios 3.4 tback to 3.3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Whch day we have got hios update from 1.1.0 to latest?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    am using my facelock before and is no more working

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hahhah

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm a GloNG user looking to upgrade to #CamonXpro. Can anyone VERIFY that it supports LTE band 28? <br />
    PS: I already entered one chance buying the #CamonCXAir so only veritable info please.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My Camon X Pro launcher is still on version 2.1.088.1 and anytime I hit on "check for update" I receive a message that I'm using the latest version. Please, what is the cause of this and how will I resolve it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please, is anybody facing problem on Camon X Pro after updating to the latest HiOS version? I have been prompted to update to the latest HiOS but I habour fears that my phone might malfunction after the updates. Please, am I good to go?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm using Camon X Pro and recently prompted to update my HiOS to the latest version. Is anyone having issues after installing the updates? Just hope ? that the updates will not affect my phone ? functionality.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    pls I need to know if should update my Camon x again, after the first update d fone started lagging

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Leethium
    will camon cx get the update?
    <br />
    I got the update, one thing I miss most is ultra power, az is off.<br />
    too bad

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by akikakim
    when is the update being rolled out in kenya
    pls why cant i see a private number calling on the screen.anytym i get a call from private number,it doesnt show on de screen ba it will bring and then later come as a missed call

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dantejakes
    pls how much is camon xpro in Nigeria

Leave a comment:

• replied
    HiOS is not responding

Leave a comment:

• replied
    my face id unlock is not working anymore...

Leave a comment:

Advanced Options
Working...
X
Download the App for a More Fluid Experience
DOWNLOAD