X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pros[YAYS] And Cons[NAYS] of the new Tecno C8 HiOS Update All

After just 24 hours of using my marshmallow update with HiOS for my TECNO Camon C8, i see it still need some polishing.

Many improvements were made and some quite essential fun features left out

YAYS
    1. The Hi fonts are such a crazy feature in the HiOS, i love them.
    2. The Hi theme and other crazy features are also cool
    3. Background app handling is quite cool now but more could be done to help make the phone run well
    4. The micro intelligence feature also brightens up my day....nice.
    5. The apps menu is also improved and this is a nice thing...rearrange,group,sort...nice
    6. The shutdown and restart panel are also quite nice now
    7. The earpiece button to end phone calls has been fixed...yaaay... so now i can easily answer and end calls with the earpiece button
    8. I love the calculator now....it makes wok easier with the multiple memory storage

NAYS(THE MOST INTERESTING PART)
    1. The first thing i noticed to be a nay was the camera shutter button feature for camera quick access has been removed. This isn't quite cool since some of us want to take some pics for some really urgent instances.
    2. Is it me or the battery runs low too quick. I took the phone off charge at 5am and by 12 pm same day i had to charge up. which wasn't the same in the previous version... We're waiting for a fix on that
    3. My camera seems to be a bit slow now-in focusing and capturing. Did i also notice a slight decrease in picture quality?
    4. The boom player also does well, but we cant compare it to he traditional music player. The streaming service only makes a difference
    5. And after i install any app and i restart this annoying thing slows me all the time...optimizing app...for the first 3 hours after the update i was seeing a glimpse of Mumbai traffic on my phone...
    6. My Hi manager seems to never respong when i open....slooooow
    7. Video player??? Seriously???

So these are my observations and i pray TECNO programmers will help make the C8 better cos im not going to stop using it now.

You can add your observations below tho

THANKS.

My messages stops after sending a message but the message still goes anyway. It stops and says unfortunately message has stopped. Then in xender wen I recieve a message wen installing the xender classes by it self. Den apps already on my phone when someone send me an updated one In xender. The app just shows open. And I haven't installed is though.
    Earnest, Nigeria.
    Manager GMC XCLUSSIVE
    Quality Service is our goal
    Greetings from Tecno team

Comment

• Donald.marct commented
      Editing a comment
      Please did you reset your phone after the upgrade?
      It might solve some problems

Thanks for this post...i really needed to know this

Comment

• Donald.marct commented
      Editing a comment
      This shouldn't deter you from using the Hios tho... I know TECNO will work on these problems

Factory reset or what
    Earnest, Nigeria.
    Manager GMC XCLUSSIVE
    Quality Service is our goal
    Greetings from Tecno team

Comment

I think those issues are with the HiOS because it's still a work in progress. Tecno should work on it

Comment

• Donald.marct commented
      Editing a comment
      Yh exactly

• khalidaces commented
      Editing a comment
      It completely doesn't work, I've downloaded it done as you asked Buht when I try to upgrade from ad card.... It States failed.... Pls advice

Please I need that hiOS for my own c8 as well but I don't know how to get it, anyone can help me.

Comment

Advanced Options
    Working...
    X
    Download the App for a More Fluid Experience
    DOWNLOAD