X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAMON X PRO VS CAMON 11 PRO. WHICH IS THE BETTER PHONE. Nigeria

NB: THIS ARTICLE IS BEST VIEWED VIA A BROWSER

Tecno launched a lot of
    Camons this year, from the CM to the latest Camon 11 Pro. The concept of some of these devices is easily understandable. For example, Camon 11 is the natural Camon CM upgrade at a similar price point.
    Thats not the case for Camon X Pro and Camon 11 Pro which feels like direct competitors or even worse, a downgrade. It's time to compare both phones to see which of them is actually worth the buy.

PERFORMANCE
    performance of these phones is probably going to be the biggest deal breakers for most people. Some quick specs
    CAMON X PRO CAMON 11 PRO
    SOC Helio P23 MT6763V HELIO P22 MT6762
    PROCESSOR 8 Core
    ARM A53
    2.0GHz
    8 Core
    ARM A53
    2.0GHz
    GPU ARM Mali-G71 MP2 (770 MHz) PowerVR GE8320 ( - 650 MHz)
    MANUFACTURING PROCESS 16nm 12nm
    MEMORY TECHNOLOGY LPDDR4x @1600Mhz) LPDDR4x @1600Mhz (Max 6 GB)
    STORAGE 4GB RAM
    64GB ROM
    Expandable via SD
    6GB RAM
    64GB ROM
    Expandable via SD
    MAIN CAMERA 16MP
    F 2.0
    Dual
    16MP (F2.0) +5MP
    SELFIE 24MP 24MP
    DISPLAY 6.0" FHD+
    2160*1080px
    IPS LCD
    6.2'' HD+
    1500*720px
    IPS LCD
    BATTERY 3750mah 3750mah
    COLORS Midnight Black, Bordeaux Red Nebula Black

Camon X comes with Helio P23 MT6763V, an underclocked battery efficient variant of Helio P23 MT6763T while Camon 11 Pro rocks a newer Helio P22 which in theory should be more battery efficient because of its smaller 12nm manufacturing process. From what we see both CPU as targeted not just for performance but battery efficiency.
    When it comes to performance, both devices are similar, according to tests done by Notebook Check, Helio P23 is 5 percent faster, but that figure might be affected by the extra 2GB RAM used in Camon 11 Pro
    In general, I don't expect any significant performance or battery life difference between both phones but I will give the nod to Camon 11 Pro for the smaller processor and 6GB RAM.

DISPLAY AND BATTERY
    The display is where a lot of people have issues with Camon 11 Pro, despite the CPU prowess, the PowerVR GE8320 GPU on this device isn't as good as that on the on Camon X. The GPU only supports a maximum of 1600*720 resolution so that it would be able to keep up. The limited the resolution Tecno was able to fit nothing more than HD+ resolution into this device.
    At the price of this phone and a lover of great displays, thats a total deal breaker for me. Playing a game like Asphalt on this phone wouldn't be on per both in performance and looks just because of Mediateks poor GPU choice. Even watching movies and video streaming would never be as good as it will on Camon X Pro.
    Just like I said earlier as regards battery life, Camon 11 Pro is expected to be better just by a leak of paint because of the smaller 12nm Helio P22. This is only theoretical and Tecno can still tweak battery performance of both phones equally via software.

CAMERA
    All the hardware specs are the same except the 5MP depth-sensing camera added to Camon 11 Pro for better bokeh effect. But believe me, the performance of these phones camera will never be about Hardware specs but software processing. The new features of Camon 11 Pro could make a difference but definitely not enough difference for you to switch from Camon X Pro to Camon 11 Pro.

PRICE AND VERDICT
    As of the time of writing this article, Camon X Pro cost NGN 76,000 and Camon 11 pro cost NGN 79,500 putting both devices on par with each other. While the Camon 11 Pro has a good CPU, Camera and design enough to compete with Camon X Pro, that GPU and display is a deal breaker for me as far as the price is concerned.
    My verdict, if you already have the Camon X pro don't even consider upgrading. If you haven't bought any and have no interest gaming and display then you can consider Camon 11 Pro. If not save yourself some came and buy the Camon X pro is a better bang for your buck.

camon 11 pro has a little edge over the canon x pro

Comment

All na this same

Comment

at last.... an honest review....Hear hear!

Comment

At last, a very honest verdict...

Comment

Why would you say don't upgrade is just like saying the iPhone 6 and 6s are the same.. Or the iPhone 5 and 5s are the same.. If you can't upgrade from X to 11.. Then weytin you want exactly?

Comment

• Techcontroversy commented
              Editing a comment
              I guess you didn't take time to read this, you had your mind made up already. First There is a significant difference between iphone6 and 6s so also 5 and 5s. That been said, can you give me one good reason why a Camon x pro user should upgrade to Camon 11 pro?

haba!!... iamdavivdola....u dey take this thing personal oh

Comment

let's be frank....u knew all this before now....but, ur all about the hype na...so u go for the trend... myself I prefer what works.....Camon X PRO anyday
              Click image for larger version

Name:	TSIMG_20181202_172208.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	19816

Comment

x pro stays best

Comment

x pro users are trying to console themselves go nd watch the unboxing on YouTube by Erik okafor den u will no

Comment

This is just the truth if you have the xpro no need for Camon 11pro if you have anything less you can go for the camon 11 pro, it will be an upgrade...

Comment

Originally posted by iamvjdamilola
                      Why would you say don't upgrade is just like saying the iPhone 6 and 6s are the same.. Or the iPhone 5 and 5s are the same.. If you can't upgrade from X to 11.. Then weytin you want exactly?
                      no mind em I don't know why them simpleton will just making some comparison <br />
                      if you have money buy if you don't have leave it stop saying they made a nice review

Comment

Originally posted by tolugaruba
                        This is just the truth if you have the xpro no need for Camon 11pro if you have anything less you can go for the camon 11 pro, it will be an upgrade...
                        <br />
                        bless u

Comment

Originally posted by SBB
                          x pro users are trying to console themselves go nd watch the unboxing on YouTube by Erik okafor den u will no
                          <br />
                          unboxing i watched d day they launched it abi which one

Comment

• SBB commented
                            Editing a comment
                            watch the unboxing on YouTube

Originally posted by SBB
                          <br />
                          or is it d phone i av operated or which

Comment

Advanced Options
                          Working...
                          X
                          Download the App for a More Fluid Experience
                          DOWNLOAD