wow how much

Comment

Noel
        Originally posted by dc8official
        <br />
        <br />
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n364529[/ATTACH]<br />
        <br />
        The Tecno Camon 12 air is one of the three series Camon series released his year, a family that includes the Camon 12 Pro and Camon12. At N42,000 naira and Its one of your cheapest options for a phone with a hole-punch camera<br />
        <br />
        In my unboxing thread, I have already pointed out most physical attributes of this phone, including button placement, camera arrangement and more. As well as giving details about numbers and specs in the specification thread.<br />
        <br />
        Which this review, I am looking to point out details beyond specs, details which reflect the day to day usage of this phone for most of its buyers. <br />
        <br />
        DESIGN <br />
        <br />
        This a uniquely designed phone even if you think phones look alike these days and hole punch selfie cameras aren’t new. For its users, Camon 12 Pro will stand out, because most phones out there at this price point has some kind of notch which this guy doesn’t.<br />
        <br />
        Its design makes its bezel feel slimmer and close to the edges than most other phones, one very thing I love about this phone is its perfect weight distribution. A phone with 6.55” and 4000mAH battery is expected to feel heavy but, in this case, it feels lighter than my previous phone with the same battery capacity and similar screen size.<br />
        <br />
        DISPLAY<br />
        <br />
        Camon 12 Air has a 1600*720 HD+ display. Ok! before you begin to complain about these numbers, let put the iPhone 11 into perspective, it has a slightly higher resolution HD+ display.<br />
        <br />
        Before someone comes for my head, I am not comparing this to the iPhone for the record. I am only pointing out the fact that extremely overkill resolution displays are no more a thing, these days, its more about building a visually pleasing, bright and non-pixelated display.<br />
        <br />
        All, of which Camon 12 Air has managed to nail despite its price point. Although it doesn’t use the same AMOLED panel from Camon 12 Pro, its IPS display is readable under the sun, the screen is never pixilated, and it's colour production is great.<br />
        <br />
        BATTERY<br />
        <br />
        A lot of people already loving the 4000mAh, but sometimes there is more to battery life than battery capacity. Thank God that’s not the case here coz Camon 12 Air is a two days battery phone for someone like my mum and a full day phone for someone like me.<br />
        <br />
        I average at least 6 hours screen on time with this phone, I’m sometimes confident enough to leave for work without its charger as long as I wouldn’t be on some heavy gaming P.<br />
        <br />
        Camon 12 Air comes with a 10watts of which I’ve seen a lot of people who complain about that charging speed. For the record, A 10watts charger is a fast charger. It may not be as fast as a 25Watts from high-end Samsung’s but it’s still not a regular charging speed.<br />
        <br />
        There was as time phones were able to charge a phone from 0-60% in 30 mins from a 10watts charger just because batteries generally had smaller capacities. Don’t forget you will probably not see a phone at this price point that charges faster than 15watts (which would make for any significant charging speed).<br />
        <br />
        This isn’t a phone you might have to charge often because its battery is so good. Just let the phone charge and it will last.<br />
        <br />
        PERFORMANCE & SOFTWARE<br />
        <br />
        It’s has a Quad-core CPU clocked at 2GHz, it has 3GB RAM, 32GB internal and Android 9 with HiOS 5.5; I wonder what the Geek bench 5 scores are? Ok, forget about the Benchmark scores for now. Trust me you would care about that except your just geeking around.<br />
        <br />
        That’s because this phone performs better than all that jazz score from geek bench and AnTuTu. HiOS 5.5 is smoother and more stable than software skin Tecno has ever dropped, it's quite also incredible how much it keeps apps in memory. It's also great at gaming, i installed PUBG (one of the most GPU intensive games and it handled it without lags...<br />
        <br />
        FPL fans will understand that the PL apps are one of the first apps that get refreshed once you drop your phone, but I am shocked this app hardly ever refreshed on Camon 12 Air. That’s how good multitasking is with this phone.<br />
        <br />
        CAMERAS <br />
        <br />
        On to the camera, the main reason most users are going to consider the phone I the first place, truly it has the Camon blood (if there is any such thing like that) flowing its veins. Overall photos from 12 Air have decent image quality and offer a solid B- camera experience. Its 16MP AI cam can predict various scenes and adjusting the image processing appropriately, assisting its users to take better pictures.<br />
        <br />
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n364530[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]n364531[/ATTACH]<br />
        <br />
        One of the above pix was taken with a wide-angle camera and the other the regular camera, you can the dynamic range and clarity in the clouds. Thats mostly down to the AI sensing the scene and adjusting the colour and HDR properly. <br />
        <br />
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n364532[/ATTACH]<br />
        <br />
        The flower wasn't taken in portrait mode, its large aperture was key to producing the background blur while it focuses on the flower. Incredible shots from a 42,000 naira phone i must say.<br />
        <br />
        TIME TO WRAP UP<br />
        <br />
        Question is who was the air designed for? And how it meets their needs in relation to price? This is the cheapest version of the Camon 12 Tro, it's designed to meet the needs of those who want the image quality of a Camon phone at their favourable budget. Tecno managed to tie all 5 core smartphone knots for a proper smartphone with Camon 12 Air, and it did so in style.<br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />
        <br />

Comment

I love it

Comment

Advanced Options
          Working...
          X
          Download the App for a More Fluid Experience