This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO GET RID OF UNWANTED NOTIFICATIONS ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE Nigeria

Notifications are not something we don't come across these days, even on our smartphones there is a chance you're using an app that displays ads Notifications from time to time; especially free apps or games.

This isn't a problem as far as the AD stays in the app or game during use. Once it starts popping up randomly on your home screen or unexpected locations then its a malware caused by an app. I will like to share some ways by which u can get rid of such apps or prevent it.

1. UNISTALLING SUSPECTED APPS
    This is usually hit or miss but most times it works especially if you're very much aware of your phone and apps, check for newly installed, just around the time when you noticed the ADS and uninstall it. Don't forget you may not get this right first time but if you try and it didn't work, then you can move on to the next step.

2. USE ADWARE TO SCAN FOR THE APP.
    ADWARE is an app which you can download for free on Google play store, Adware will scan for apps which display ADS. Don't be surprised when some apps show up on the list, all you need to do is tap on the information button to see what type of ADS is being displayed by the app.

Someof the results display in-app ads but what you’re looking for is anything that displays ADS on your home screen. With this information, you can take action from within the app to remove the offending software.
    3. RESTRICTING BACKGROUND DATA
    This is also a tactical approach to this ads matter. You would have to go to the settings to restrict background data usage of all the apps. Follow this link to see the full procedure on how to go about it

BE CAREFUL WHAT APPS YOU INSTALL
    Earlier today I posted an article about android viruses, which I recommend you read. Even if you install apps directly from play store or use the most powerful antivirus you should always keep your wits about you and apply a healthy dose of a common scene when installing apps, opening web pages and clicking on ADS.

Last edited by CharlesEnwere; 08-24-2018, 06:50 PM.
    Creamtech.com.ng

IG/TW @dc7official

Good information
    Also Try this out too guys, it's another way to get rid of unwanted ads from your phone, it's been tested and it's working 100%

http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/ge...wanted-app-ads
    Last edited by nas; 08-28-2018, 06:34 AM.

Comment

thanks for this...

Comment

good thx for tht

Comment

It'll go a long way.. Thanks

Comment

Thank yot

Comment

thanx,,

Comment

thanks. so useful

Comment

Knowledge is power they say,thanks.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TSIMG_20180818_221412.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	17652
                    Originally posted by dc7official
                    ADS are not something we don't come across these days, even on our smartphones there is a chance you're using an app that displays ads from time to time; especially free apps or games.

This isn't a problem as far as the AD stays in the app or game during use. Once it starts popping up randomly on your home screen or unexpected locations then its a malware caused by an app. I will like to share some ways by which u can get rid of such apps or prevent it.

1. UNISTALLING SUSPECTED APPS

This is usually hit or miss but most times it works especially if you're very much aware of your phone and apps, check for newly installed, just around the time when you noticed the ADS and uninstall it. Don't forget you may not get this right first time but if you try and it didn't work, then you can move on to the next step.

2. USE ADWARE TO SCAN FOR THE APP.

ADWARE is an app which you can download for free on Google play store, Adware will scan for apps which display ADS. Don't be surprised when some apps show up on the list, all you need to do is tap on the information button to see what type of ADS is being displayed by the app.

Someof the results display in-app ads but what you’re looking for is anything that displays ADS on your home screen. With this information, you can take action from within the app to remove the offending software.
                    3. RESTRICTING BACKGROUND DATA

This is also a tactical approach to this ads matter. You would have to go to the settings to restrict background data usage of all the apps. Follow this link to see the full procedure on how to go about it

BE CAREFUL WHAT APPS YOU INSTALL

Earlier today I posted an article about android viruses, which I recommend you read. Even if you install apps directly from play store or use the most powerful antivirus you should always keep your wits about you and apply a healthy dose of a common scene when installing apps, opening web pages and clicking on ADS.

Comment

So useful. thanks

Comment

Thanks for the info<br />
                        but my phone is mostly showing some apps have stopped working/responding<br />
                        need some help on that,could it be the Ram? my ram i 1GB

Comment

mine always does the same thing I don't know why
                          Originally posted by Mwangelwa
                          Thanks for the info<br /><br />
                          <br />
                          but my phone is mostly showing some apps have stopped working/responding<br /><br />
                          <br />
                          need some help on that,could it be the Ram? my ram i 1GB

Comment

@ davidsilver all you have to do is to update your apps that shows stop working or not responding. any time mine show it I Just update the app, then it will stop showing me .

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Advanced Options
                              Working...
                              X
                              Download the App for a More Fluid Experience
                              DOWNLOAD