• Show
Clear All

• Tecno Finally Releases Updates To Its Old Devices All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camon-X-Vs-Camon-X-Pro-design-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	19042

Recently, Tecno Mobile has started rolling out updates to their devices. The update contains the latest Security Patch and minor bugs fix. These fix could also mean outright removal of some functions or settings and inclusion of new bloated apps.

The recent updates however received with mixed reactions. While some praised the OEM giants for finally listening to their pleas of update release and bug fix, some lashed out heavy criticism because a major function was removed (The ability to change fonts).

Lots of threads where created on Tecno Spot (Tecno Mobile’s official online forum) lamenting their inability to change fonts after the update. Some even coined out a
    hashtag #BringBackOurFonts in protest of the company’s decision.

The reason for the company’s decision is still unknown but it not only affected Tecno Mobile users
    , it also affected her sister company’s users, Infinix too.

On a brighter side, most of Tecno Mobile devices can now boast of the latest Google security patch which makes the device safer and secured.

Also, the Tecno Camon C9 also received an incredible update which included the Face ID scanner. Now Camon C9 users can use the Face ID feature which first featured on the Camon X which was released earlier this year.

Bloated apps included in the new update
    includes:Fooview, File Go, Sportybet, Kika keyboard etc.

please tell the company that we dont want them to decide whats best for us after we buy the phone others like me i liked my phone because of the beautiful font it had but now i really dont like it so many have complained about this issue and we hope that we will be answered with an satisfying action.

Comment

• omoalajah commented
      Editing a comment
      definitely they would either return the fonts or create more beautiful ones

• Editing a comment
      my friend,it will be resolved definitely.Trust us.

yes kiuri160 thanks for saying it all

Comment

bonjour moi c'est Emmanuel <br />
      <br />
      Recently, Tecno Mobile has started rolling out updates to their devices. The update contains the latest Security Patch and minor bugs fix. These fix could also mean outright removal of some functions or settings and inclusion of new bloated apps.<br />
      <br />
      The recent updates however received with mixed reactions. While some praised the OEM giants for finally listening to their pleas of update release and bug fix, some lashed out heavy criticism because a major function was removed (The ability to change fonts).<br />
      <br />
      Lots of threads where created on Tecno Spot (Tecno Mobile’s official online forum) lamenting their inability to change fonts after the update. Some even coined out a
      hashtag #BringBackOurFonts in protest of the company’s decision.<br />
      <br />
      The reason for the company’s decision is still unknown but it not only affected Tecno Mobile users
      , it also affected her sister company’s users, Infinix too.<br />
      <br />
      On a brighter side, most of Tecno Mobile devices can now boast of the latest Google security patch which makes the device safer and secured.<br />
      <br />
      Also, the Tecno Camon C9 also received an incredible update which included the Face ID scanner. Now Camon C9 users can use the Face ID feature which first featured on the Camon X which was released earlier this year.<br />
      <br />
      includes:Fooview, File Go, Sportybet, Kika keyboard etc.[/QUOTE]

Comment

[SIZE=6][/SIZE
        Click image for larger version

Name:	TSIMG_20181108_191222.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	19066
        ]
        Originally posted by Lighthouse
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n263199[/ATTACH]

Recently, Tecno Mobile has started rolling out updates to their devices. The update contains the latest Security Patch and minor bugs fix. These fix could also mean outright removal of some functions or settings and inclusion of new bloated apps.

The recent updates however received with mixed reactions. While some praised the OEM giants for finally listening to their pleas of update release and bug fix, some lashed out heavy criticism because a major function was removed (The ability to change fonts).

hashtag #BringBackOurFonts in protest of the company’s decision.

, it also affected her sister company’s users, Infinix too.

On a brighter side, most of Tecno Mobile devices can now boast of the latest Google security patch which makes the device safer and secured.

Also, the Tecno Camon C9 also received an incredible update which included the Face ID scanner. Now Camon C9 users can use the Face ID feature which first featured on the Camon X which was released earlier this year.

includes:Fooview, File Go, Sportybet, Kika keyboard etc.

Comment

I have not received any update notification on my C9 device. if you have the download link kindly drop it.

Comment

• omoalajah commented
            Editing a comment
            i am sure your device would get the update notification soon

Hey dear, I'm using tecno aw5 and I got this update but I'm afraid to update because I don't know what it will cause to my phone. and my phone is an Android version 6.<br />
          please anybody that has the idea should tell me straight up. thanks everyone.

Comment

• omoalajah commented
            Editing a comment
            updates are actually good for phones

It's nice but since the update my phone just at a point in time goes dark.. I can't access my menu except I go Tru the minimized application

Comment

• datyorubaboy commented
            Editing a comment
            take your phone to carlcare

it's really bad, just update my phone and no font is showing again, can someone tell me what to do please

Comment

• missslimzy17 commented
            Editing a comment
            i am sure since everyone is complaining about the font they would do something about it

• datyorubaboy commented
            Editing a comment
            if it supports the new update it would definitely be returned

• Editing a comment
            we will do everything possible to solve the problem.

it's really nice but i have regret doing it because of this issue of fonts.

Comment

• missslimzy17 commented
            Editing a comment
            it will be resolved definitely

• Editing a comment
            my friend,it will be Ok on late December.for a better experience.

Thks kiuri160, u av said it all, d company shud'nt decide for us.pls I will love it if everything can be reversed to d way it was.

Comment

Just from updating my Tecno phantom 6plus from android 6.0 to Android 7.1.1 now the eye print or iris scanner, font changing, VoLTE option has been lost..... Please help me and my front camera is showing a lot of saturations.Tecno Phantom 6 plus.

Comment

• Tamara99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Take it to carlcare or search for related threads here

what about tecno spark pro (k8)

Comment

• Tamara99 commented
              Editing a comment
              Its relatively new

This is good news from Tecno

Comment

Tecno please am using spark K7 how can I prevent other applications from using data while I am on another application?

Comment

Advanced Options
            Working...
            X
            Download the App for a More Fluid Experience
            DOWNLOAD