This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE FUTURE OF 5G NETWORK All

There is a current buzz about the 5G, the future replacement for the current 4G mobile network. The arrival of 5G will transform the internet forever.
    WHY 5G

5G development is centred around the growth of IoT (Internet of Things) devices which are expected to reach 20.4 billion deployed IoT devices by 2020, that's more than twice the set 8.4 billion connected things in 2017.
    The number of active smartphones is also on the rise, with an estimate of 2.5 million active smartphones by 2019. These growths mean there is a need for a faster network capable of handling the growing traffic.
    5G will bring almost 100x the speed and response time of 4G, putting that into perspective a 2-hour long FHD movie would be fully downloaded in a little over 3 secs. Its arrival will not only benefit smartphones and IoT devices but also driver-less cars.
    HOW SOON WOULD 5G BE AVAILABLE

A 5G analyst has estimated that the new network may not be globally available until 2025, because ISPs may have o change their business model and build new network infrastructures which will support 5G. The Globally in the above sentence is relative for a lot of us in Africa who are still struggling to catch up with 4G. This means we may still have to a decade longer than 2025 before we get 5G.

Now my question is, whats the current state of 4G in your location? And how long do you think it will take for us to get 5G in Africa?

For me, the internet in my area is hit or miss, I sometimes average a max speed of 5mb/s on my ISPs (Internet signal provider) 4G network. And as I said in the post, it could take as long as 2035 before we get to experience 5G in Africa.

There is a current buzz about the 5G, the future replacement for the current 4G mobile network. The arrival of 5G will transform the internet forever. WHY 5G 5G development is centred around the growth of IoT (Internet of Things) devices which are expected to reach 20.4 billion deployed IoT devices by 2020, that’s more than twice the …
    Creamtech.com.ng

IG/TW @dc7official

yes

Comment

4G network pls

Comment

Still rocking 4G network

Comment

nas why are you using infinix???

Comment

wonderful..

Comment

Comment

how can I enjoy the 5 G network on my phone now?

Comment

sounds cool... had my upgrade done today sha... to 4G

Comment

uhmm we still battling with 4g now you talking of 5g again is OK

Comment

Talking about the way n manner 4G is working in Africa, well I'll tell you d speed n soundness of d Network depends on ur Lactation n Network Provider as well. <br />
                      4G has been smooth with me here n believe me i can't wait to have d 5G on on my Phone..

Comment

#Location..<br />
                        <br />
                        <br />
                        Typographically error..

Comment

my phone can't support 3G or 4G <br />
                          K7

Comment

my phone can't support 3G or 4G <br />
                            my phone is TECNO K7 WHY???

Comment