X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please I need my fonts back ???

Comment

I for one only just heard about rooting and flashing last year. Till this day, I don't know what rooting means or entails and to be honest Ill probably never know. I guess most phone users like me cannot be bothered with the technicalities involved in rooting, flashing or any other processes along the same lines in order to change fonts. As you discovered people don't like their fonts to be tampered with. That's why we (myself included) spam every thread with font-related issues. Our thinking is they (tecno) messed it up, they should fix it. You mentioned alternatives that don't involve rooting, like apps? Could you please help me out with a list of some apps I could try? I'm tired of waiting for tecno. <br />
      <br />
      Yes, I did come across several such cases but font changing existed (without need to root) long before HIOS integrated it. Users could move on with other alternatives (apps) instead of spamming every thread with font-related complaints[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Hovatek
        Judging by the energy expended on complaining about the removed fonts (by recent OTA updates), it's logical to say that Tecno users do love their fonts. It would have been great to see the same zeal directed at a clamor for version OTA updates but that's another kettle of fish.<br />
        <br />
        Word on the street is that the font thing was a policy breach and had to be removed. Tecno has however promised to release an update before the end of December which should address the issue. We don't yet know if font (as it was) will be staging a resurgence or another font system will be making a debut..that's talk for another day anyway.<br />
        <br />
        This begs the question; if Tecno phone users
        can'tdo without their fonts' or find the phone 'boring' without fonts, why do we have to wait for Tecno to release an OTA update just to get a minor feature like fonts back? There are options like:<br />
        <br />
        • <br />
          <br />
        • Deciding not to install the update (after reading the OTA release notes that tells you what's added & removed)<br />
          <br />
        • Downloading the stock rom / firmware of your previous build number and flashing using SP Flash tool (untick userdata & cache)<br />
          <br />
        • Rooting your Tecno phone before updating > extracting your font-changing apk (de-odex) or folder > Unrooting > Installing the update > Re-rooting > Re-inserting your font system<br />
          <br />
        ...among several other options .<br />
        <br />
        What are your thoughts? Why's the HIOS font so important to you and how far have you gone to get it back?
        i

Comment

techno should pls bring this font back i can't wait my phone is boring without it.if have heard the news earlier would have gotten another phone plssss techno bring fonts back oo oo.

Comment

we want the font back please

Comment

Bring back our fonts plz

Comment

I didn't take note of my previous build number so how do i go about it? Im using Phantom 8<br />
                <br />
                <br />
                <br />
                Originally posted by Hovatek
                Judging by the energy expended on complaining about the removed fonts (by recent OTA updates), it's logical to say that Tecno users do love their fonts. It would have been great to see the same zeal directed at a clamor for version OTA updates but that's another kettle of fish.<br />
                <br />
                Word on the street is that the font thing was a policy breach and had to be removed. Tecno has however promised to release an update before the end of December which should address the issue. We don't yet know if font (as it was) will be staging a resurgence or another font system will be making a debut..that's talk for another day anyway.<br />
                <br />
                This begs the question; if Tecno phone users
                can'tdo without their fonts' or find the phone 'boring' without fonts, why do we have to wait for Tecno to release an OTA update just to get a minor feature like fonts back? There are options like:<br />
                <br />
                • <br />
                  <br />
                • Deciding not to install the update (after reading the OTA release notes that tells you what's added & removed)<br />
                  <br />
                • Downloading the stock rom / firmware of your previous build number and flashing using SP Flash tool (untick userdata & cache)<br />
                  <br />
                • Rooting your Tecno phone before updating > extracting your font-changing apk (de-odex) or folder > Unrooting > Installing the update > Re-rooting > Re-inserting your font system<br />
                  <br />
                ...among several other options .<br />
                <br />
                What are your thoughts? Why's the HIOS font so important to you and how far have you gone to get it back?

Comment

A phone without fonts is not a phone please.. Pls bring back our fonts

Comment

[QUOTE=oily4real;281706]A phone without fonts is not a phone please.. Pls bring back our fonts.. Fonts speak a lot about phones.

Comment

my phone runs on stock Android and there's no font option. doesn't limit the efficiency of the device though. but it is good Tecno is bringing fonts back soon

Comment

But there is a way you can still change your font. If you reset your app preferences then you can be able to change your font

Comment

jsididj

Comment

tecno please and please return our fonts back...I hate my phone currently and I don't see myself buying another tecno if this continues.

Comment

we need our fonts back

Comment

Honestly i gone far and wide into gaining access to various means of getting my fronts back truly it's sickening to have a phone without fronts xo boring makes the phone look immature.

Comment

Advanced Options
                                Working...
                                X
                                Download the App for a More Fluid Experience
                                DOWNLOAD