X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic 15 MISTAKES THAT SHORTEN THE LIFE OF YOUR PHONE

15 MISTAKES THAT SHORTEN THE LIFE OF YOUR PHONE

Nowadays one can hardly imagine a life without a cellphone, and it happens quite often that our gadgets start to act up half a year after we bought them, it is frustrating but in most cases we ourselves are to blame.

Let's face it we don't always handle our devices properly.

When was the last time your read a manual on how to charge the battery correctly?

What should you know about protective cases?

Why do these phone batteries decreases so quickly?

I have 15 amazing tips that will make your smart phone live a
    longer life!

1. RECHARGE YOUR BATTERY MORE OFTEN

Do you know that you shouldn't charge your cellphone battery
    till the energy drops to zero? Well that's not true, at least today.
    Modern lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries have no Memory effect, so you can recharge them without waiting.

The reason for this is that many manufacturers measures a batteries life by the number of it's full discharge cycles and it is
    usually around 400 to 600 cycles. So to increase your gadgets
    battery life, you should recharge it more often. The best option is to do it each time the battery power indicates a drop to 10 or
    20%. This will increase the number of discharge cycles to 1000
    or 1100 cycles.

2. DON'T KEEP THE BATTERY CHARGING ALL THE TIME

Do you know that a battery suffer after you leave a charger plugged after a battery is fully charged? I got you again. It's not true either.
    An inbuilt controller stops the battery from taking in more
    current than necessary, so there is absolutely no risk of over charging the batteries and destroying it. However this doesn't mean that you can constantly keep your phone charging. You need to let the battery work on its own too. That is why you need to keep the charge between 40 and 80% to extend the life of your battery

3. DON'T BUY CHEAP CHARGERS

Here is why it is unsafe to buy cheap chargers. They could be
    of a very low quality and might not have any inbuilt controllers. There have been situations when a person was using a non native charger and it caused a fire outbreak and then the terrible thing that can happen if you use non native chargers and cable is getting an electric shock. Look I'm not trying to promote anything, I just care about your safety.

4. BE CAREFUL WITH ULTRA FAST CHARGERS

Yes sometimes it's necessary to charge your phone very quickly, but we recommend you to stop using chargers that claim to charge your battery full in less than an hour. At least check if the manufacturer of your phone approves using the
    charger you want to buy.

5. REMOVE YOUR PROTECTIVE CÁSE

If your smartphone has a bulky protective case, it might cause the device and it's battery to over heat during a lengthy recharging section. You see there are so many different
    protective case in the market that phone manufacturers can't take all the precautions. So if you are using an uncertified protective case, you should always remove it when you need to charge the battery.

6. DRAIN YOUR BATTERY FROM TIME TO TIME

It is recommended to drain your phone battery every three months to zero % and then immediately charge it to 100 % to get rid of the extremes of full charge and discharge.

7. AVOID HIGH TEMPERATURES

A high temperature is the worse thing you can ever imagine for
    lithium ion batteries, they totally can't stand over heating. That is why you should never expose them to direct sunlight or put them near heat sources. Modern cellphones have very high quality screens but even can't stand direct sunshine. If you expose the screen to it, the display colour might fade. If you
    have ever dropped a cellphone you may know how much it might cost to have a screen replacement, sometimes is easier to buy a new phone.

8. AVOID COLD TEMPERATURES

You might ask. No heat, no cold then when am l supposed to use my cellphone? We are actually not saying you cannot use your phone in cold temperature, you can but we are saying your battery probably might not live as long as it could. So if possible carry the phone in an inner pocket of your coat or an
    outer pocket but cased in a protective cover.

Low temperatures are harmful to the battery because it needs more power to keep itself warm enough to function. That is why you may have noticed that batteries drain much faster In cold weather.

9. AVOID BRIGHT WALL PAPER AND ADJUST SCREEN
    BRIGHTNESS

When checking the time, text messages or missed calls, you
    always look at the main display of your phone. A bright and colourful wall paper on your phones main screen can definitely eat up the battery.

Hence it is better to use black and white wall paper. This will help conserve your smartphone battery. Also try to lower the brightness of your screen at least by 30 to 40%. This amount of light is usually more than enough to see all the information on the display, moreover it will help to extend the life of your battery dramatically.

When outside dont use the max brightness level either it is better to use the auto brightness function to help you see your phone screen even in the sun.

10 WATCH OUT FOR VOLTAGE FLUCTUATIONS

At the approach of a thunderstorm, never charge your phone. Actually, the same goes for all the electrical appliances you have. It is not a myth, during a thunderstorm, electric appliances can experience the full wrought of nature. Network filters are meant to protect your devices from over voltage, but they would hardly withstand lightning.

11 CLEAN THE PORTS AND WIPE THE DISPLAY.

Because most of the modern cellphones have touch screens, we touch them all the time. That's why they get pretty dirty over time.

To wipe the screen, use lint free wipers and whatever you do, never use window cleaning liquids. They contain ammonia which can damage the screen irrevocably.

Moreover, if you carry your phone on the main compartment of your handbag, it's port can become clogged with dust and small debris which might cause problem with the connection. This is especially dangerous for the 3.5mm jack. The thing is that the port itself is pretty long so if some sort of dust get inside and you don't know about it, next time you will try to plug in your headphones you will only make the piece get even further in.

To remove the debris, turn off the phone and carefully clean all the ports with a toothpick, don't forget to put a piece of soft lint free piece of cloth on its end. To avoid such situations, choose a compartment in your handbag exclusively for keeping your phone in it.

12. KEEP THE PHONE FAR FROM WATER.

This might sound like an obvious thing but, still many phones die in water. If you drop your cellphone into a pool or a sink, the first thing you should do after you get it out is to turn it off and remove the battery. If it is possible of course remove all the Sim cards and the memory card that you have.

Put the content in a bowl of rice and hope. The rice will absorb the water and if you are lucky, your phone will survive. You should also avoid taking your phones to places with high humidity such as steam rooms even if your phone is water resistant.

13. HANDLE YOUR PHONE CAREFULLY.

Don't put your cellphone on the dashboard when driving, constant moving and bumping can cause a lot of damage. It doesn't happen quickly but all the little things add up over time. Also try not always to carry your phone in your hands when the weather is hot. Due to the high temperature the smartphone heats up as well. Also the warmth of your hands brings and even greater chance of the phones battery over heating and as a result, running low

14. AVOID SOFTWARE UPDATES

Big companies release major software updates around once a year, we don't recommend updating your phone two years after this model was released.

No we are not worrying anything for your health right now, trust me the performance will become worse and it's not because the manufacturer is so greedy and wants you to buy the new model. It's just that technologies are constantly developing and your hardware stays the same. They need to update the software to enhance it's functionality which your phone might simply not support.

That is why at least read user review before you hit the update button. The problem with such update is that either it is very hard or impossible to go back to the previous version of the software. Unless you are a mister -Robot- hacker kind of person think carefully before update.

15. USE CLOUD STORAGE.

Even if you have a lot of free space on your hard drive, it's better to use cloud storage anyway. This way your phone won't be clogged with so much data that it would perform so much better and of course something happens to your phone, the data won't be lost.

Do you know of any other tips that I didn't mention here?

If you do don't hesitate to share them in the comment section below.

• replied
    Number 15, that's true. My phone has stopped working because the memory is full of information.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thank you for the information

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, a lot very educative, pls reply what are the meanings of a triangle like Symbols appearing on top of screen. please . Let's have different other icons and symbols with what they mean and how to remove it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes is true

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The basic function of a battery is to charge and discharge, so eventually, it is going to die. But frequent charging of smartphones should not bother you because if you are using original chargers or compatible chargers, they will safely charge your battery.
    Yes, it is true that every battery has a limited charging lifecycle, but it is also true that if you use original chargers or compatible devices like travel chargers, portable chargers, multi-port USB chargers, and wall chargers, they minimize the risk of damaging the battery and optimize the charging process.

If you are using compatible accessories to charge your phone, then you should NOT worry about how frequently you charge or discharge your phone. There's so many interesting game to play from apknite so I usually charge my phone 4 times a day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    true it all works

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree with u on 1-5

خرید ممبر تلگرام

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No7 when the temperature is high batteries drain faster

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very important note. I just updates my phone yesterday thinking it would improve it's performance but instead somethings are now misbehaving.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    very useful tip, I hope to utilize these tips for my phone. thanks so much for this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Some of these i dont do

Leave a comment:

• commented on 's reply
    Figured that out. My biggest mistake ever.

• replied
    upgrade or update?<br />
    <br />
    Originally posted by samdezy
    how do I upgrade my please

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you are always welcome bro<br />
    <br />
    Originally posted by toby2344
    good and timely information

Leave a comment: