This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really appreciate you and you have done justice to this topic and those that understand physics and electricity can relate. My camon11pro charger take 1hr30mins, 1hr50mins and maximum of 2hr to charge my phone based on the power supplied am OK by it. God bless once again.

Comment

God bless you so much, i need to show a friend of mine this because he would never let me be but he will be talking about 400maH and 200maH and the likes but i have done physics for the guy so many times but he will agree but i this info will settle our cause
      Originally posted by Ajbauri
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n324201[/ATTACH]<br />
      <br />
      Originally posted by dc7official
      The term fast charging these days has been largely screwed up, and this stems from a place where smartphone manufacturers have made bogus claims about how fast they users will be capable of recharging phone batteries without discussing all the dynamics. This has played negatively in the minds of users who expect phones to fully recharge in less than an hour or a little more. I will look to discuss this topic as simply as I could so it could be easily understood.<br />
      <br />
      There are a couple of things that affect how fast your phone is likely to charge, these include power output, the quality of charger and charge technology. But from our title am sure we already know today's discussion is about power output (usually calculated in watts), this describes how much electricity is delivered to your phone and power is determined by the product of Voltage(V) and current(A) which is usually indicated somewhere on your charger as output. This means if your charger is rated for 5V and 1A your power output will be 5watts, increase that current to 2A and your power output becomes 10watts.
      <br />
      <br />
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n322967[/ATTACH]<br />
      <br />
      Now the problem is, at what point will a power output be classified as fast? To understand this we have to determine how much power a regular USB charger produces, for USB 2.0 the power output is 2.5W and for USB 3.0 its 5W. This means a typical fast charger has a minimum power output of 10watts and other common fast chargers have an output of 15watts or 18watts. At this rate, it's easier to juice up your battery quicker without risk of damaging the battery. Some chargers are rated as high as 50watts but these are usually proprietary, and the circuitry is designed for specific batteries to prevent damage of the battery as a result of overheating. Using these extremely high power chargers on your phone could either turn your phone to a time bomb or just charge your phone at its normal rated speed if the charger is dynamic/safe to only deliver the power output rated for your phone.<br />
      <br />
      My fast charger feels slow, it takes almost 2hours to fully charge my phone, is my charger broken? There are a couple of explanations to this and some of them I will discuss when talking about the other factors of fast charging, but from a power output perspective, one of the reasons for that could be the capacity of your battery. It's going to take a much shorter time for a 10Watts charger to fully recharge a 2500mah battery than it will take to fully recharge a 4000mah battery if you intend to charge a 4000mah battery as fast as a 2500mah battery would then you would need more power.
      <br />
      <br />

Comment

But what is the significance of USB cable in fast charging a phone or is it only peculiar to the adapter. please do justice to that, thank you
        Originally posted by Ajbauri
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n324201[/ATTACH]<br />
        <br />
        The term fast charging these days has been largely screwed up, and this stems from a place where smartphone manufacturers have made bogus claims about how fast they users will be capable of recharging phone batteries without discussing all the dynamics. This has played negatively in the minds of users who expect phones to fully recharge in less than an hour or a little more. I will look to discuss this topic as simply as I could so it could be easily understood.<br />
        <br />
        There are a couple of things that affect how fast your phone is likely to charge, these include power output, the quality of charger and charge technology. But from our title am sure we already know today's discussion is about power output (usually calculated in watts), this describes how much electricity is delivered to your phone and power is determined by the product of Voltage(V) and current(A) which is usually indicated somewhere on your charger as output. This means if your charger is rated for 5V and 1A your power output will be 5watts, increase that current to 2A and your power output becomes 10watts.
        <br />
        <br />
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]n322967[/ATTACH]<br />
        <br />
        Now the problem is, at what point will a power output be classified as fast? To understand this we have to determine how much power a regular USB charger produces, for USB 2.0 the power output is 2.5W and for USB 3.0 its 5W. This means a typical fast charger has a minimum power output of 10watts and other common fast chargers have an output of 15watts or 18watts. At this rate, it's easier to juice up your battery quicker without risk of damaging the battery. Some chargers are rated as high as 50watts but these are usually proprietary, and the circuitry is designed for specific batteries to prevent damage of the battery as a result of overheating. Using these extremely high power chargers on your phone could either turn your phone to a time bomb or just charge your phone at its normal rated speed if the charger is dynamic/safe to only deliver the power output rated for your phone.<br />
        <br />
        My fast charger feels slow, it takes almost 2hours to fully charge my phone, is my charger broken? There are a couple of explanations to this and some of them I will discuss when talking about the other factors of fast charging, but from a power output perspective, one of the reasons for that could be the capacity of your battery. It's going to take a much shorter time for a 10Watts charger to fully recharge a 2500mah battery than it will take to fully recharge a 4000mah battery if you intend to charge a 4000mah battery as fast as a 2500mah battery would then you would need more power.
        <br />
        <br />

Comment

• dc8official commented
          Editing a comment
          i will write a thread on that.. so everyone can benefit .....just watch out for it

very informative

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TSIMG_20190618_213008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	23359

Click image for larger version

Name:	TSIMG_20190618_213033.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	23360
          The term fast charging these days has been largely screwed up, and this stems from a place where smartphone manufacturers have made bogus claims about how fast they users will be capable of recharging phone batteries without discussing all the dynamics. This has played negatively in the minds of users who expect phones to fully recharge in less than an hour or a little more. I will look to discuss this topic as simply as I could so it could be easily understood.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n322967[/ATTACH]

Now the problem is, at what point will a power output be classified as fast? To understand this we have to determine how much power a regular USB charger produces, for USB 2.0 the power output is 2.5W and for USB 3.0 its 5W. This means a typical fast charger has a minimum power output of 10watts and other common fast chargers have an output of 15watts or 18watts. At this rate, it's easier to juice up your battery quicker without risk of damaging the battery. Some chargers are rated as high as 50watts but these are usually proprietary, and the circuitry is designed for specific batteries to prevent damage of the battery as a result of overheating. Using these extremely high power chargers on your phone could either turn your phone to a time bomb or just charge your phone at its normal rated speed if the charger is dynamic/safe to only deliver the power output rated for your phone.

Comment

thanks for the information

Comment

nice one...????

Comment

How can i restore any app that I've disabled?

Comment

• dc8official commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > App info.
                  Tap All apps > Disabled apps.
                  Select the app that you want to enable, then tap Enable

Excellent blog right here! I really enjoyed your article! thank you very much! io games

Comment

thanks

Comment

Advanced Options
                  Working...
                  X
                  Download the App for a More Fluid Experience
                  DOWNLOAD