This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MediaTek Helio P25 is the Perfect Intersection of High Performance and Power-Efficiency Nigeria

Hi T-Fans,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171028-174641.png
Views:	1
Size:	558.4 KB
ID:	12366

Introducing the Tecno Phantom 8 (A8X) powered by MediaTek Helio P25 -with 2.5 GHz octa-core processor. It has a large 3,500mAh battery and up to 6GB memory/ and up to 64GB storage. Its 5.7-inch Full HD display has a low power always-on function to display notifications, calendar and more. A superior refocus dual camera and super selfie camera is also on board.

Phantom 8 unboxing here:
    http://bbs.tecno-mobile.com/forum/ph...ecno-phantom-8

Name:	c6d98919-9a68-435b-911d-ae577cd6a752.png
Views:	2
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	12367

MediaTek Helio P25 is the perfect intersection of high performance and power-efficiency, meaning you'll get MORE from the smartphones it enables. MediaTek Helio P25 supports LPDDR4X memory for better multitasking and to deal with all sorts of demanding apps. Approximately 70% more memory bandwidth than its predecessor, P25 lets smartphone users do MORE advanced tasks with less energy. Want even MORE from it? Add our Envelope Tracking Module to reduce energy use even further.

Name:	bf89b8e1-0f85-4118-9c4e-66de60480122 (1).png
Size:	347.0 KB
ID:	12368

With the MediaTek Helio P25 with MediaTek Imagiqâ„¢ ISP featuring advanced Real-Time Large Aperture DoF, they'll capture photos that are ready to go from phone to frame! Large aperture depth-of-field effects are no longer the privilege of professional DSLRs. Our real-time depth maps enable P25-enabled smartphones to shoot videos and capture images at an F number as small as 0.8, like expert photographers

Name:	5a96d9e9-f739-4b64-8810-145e84652ed5.png
Views:	2
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	12369

For Dual-Camera devices, look no further than MediaTek Helio P25. Its 16nm Octa-core processing power with a superior ISP makes it ideal for Dual-Camera devices, supporting up to 13MP for each camera sensor. With proprietary Clear Zoom digital processing, sharp image and video can be retained even at 10x zoom.

Name:	cb88af8e-38fe-4efb-9d7e-5d5217e99844.png
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	12370

Lighting intensity and moving subjects can affect photo exposure especially on smartphones. With MediaTek Helio P25, phonetographers can rejoice! Our High-Performance Auto Exposure fixes the issue with real-time exposure previews that help the mobile photographer capture images with near-perfect exposure. Preventing overly dark shots, this MediaTek Imagiq ISP feature is available on MediaTek Helio P25.

Source: MediaTek

Bros, even the blind and deaf know that Helio P25 is a cheap chipset meant for midrange and Budget smartphones and not flagships. Please Tecno should either phase out the Phantom 8 or totally withdraw it from the market to save its image. The Mediatek Helio P25 you are praising rubbished all features of the new Phantom 8. After receiving and handling the new Phantom 8 yesterday, I wondered if I was using a Tecno Spark or a Phantom. The 10X zoom camera feature and hyped 6GB RAM appeared to be hoax. The further disappointment forced me to run AnTuTu Benchmark on the device a.k.a Tecno A8X and Phantom 6 Plus. While Phantom 6 Plus was scored above 86000, Phantom 8 scored little above 65000. Phantom 6 Plus defeated the Phantom 8 in all angles including RAM despite the fact that the new Phantom 8 boasts of 6GB RAM while Phantom 6 Plus has 4GB RAM. Tecno should do the needful and stop the unnecessary hype

Comment

Bros why are you talking like this about Helio P25? Who told you the Helio P series is cheap. Do you know Samsung Galaxy On Max & Gionee S10 is using the same Chipset. Have you seen those phones for before? Just because you're expecting Helio X30 doesn't mean Helio P25 is cheap with all the amazing features stated. Yet you still condemn
      Originally posted by Emerie Uduchukwu
      Bros, even the blind and deaf know that Helio P25 is a cheap chipset meant for midrange and Budget smartphones and not flagships. Please Tecno should either phase out the Phantom 8 or totally withdraw it from the market to save its image. The Mediatek Helio P25 you are praising rubbished all features of the new Phantom 8. After receiving and handling the new Phantom 8 yesterday, I wondered if I was using a Tecno Spark or a Phantom. The 10X zoom camera feature and hyped 6GB RAM appeared to be hoax. The further disappointment forced me to run AnTuTu Benchmark on the device a.k.a Tecno A8X and Phantom 6 Plus. While Phantom 6 Plus was scored above 86000, Phantom 8 scored little above 65000. Phantom 6 Plus defeated the Phantom 8 in all angles including RAM despite the fact that the new Phantom 8 boasts of 6GB RAM while Phantom 6 Plus has 4GB RAM. Tecno should do the needful and stop the unnecessary hype
      Last edited by lummyfinest; 10-29-2017, 05:38 AM.

Comment

The Helio p25 is a very good one too and have nice and cool features .
        Originally posted by lummyfinest
        Bros why are you talk like this about Helio P25? who told you the Helio P series is cheap. Do you know Samsung Galaxy On Max & Gionee S10 is using the same Chipset. Have you seen those phones for before? Just because you're expecting Helio X30 doesn't mean Helio P25 is cheap with all the amazing features stated. Yet you still condemn

Comment

• omoalajah commented
          Editing a comment
          The processor makes sense

• Onoja commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree

• Bridget commented
          Editing a comment
          The problem some people have is they don't just like tecno, instead of reading carefully they will start jumping saying things that is not right

All of them run premium Helio P25 6GB memory similar features. You hate Tecno then stop condemning the Chipset

Name:	TSIMG_20171028_212618.jpg
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	12380

Name:	TSIMG_20171028_212628.jpg
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	12381

Name:	TSIMG_20171028_212820.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	12382

Name:	TSIMG_20171028_213345.jpg
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	12383

Comment

• datyorubaboy commented
          Editing a comment
          If all these device can use same chip , its not bad

• omoalajah commented
          Editing a comment
          Good.

• Onoja commented
          Editing a comment
          If Samsung can use same chipset for their phones , that means it's a good one

If the standards of the phantoms, 6 and 8, are rated by an internationally acclaimed benchmark, which ever is rated higher is superior. Tecno Mobile should have considered the fact that phantoms z, 5 and 7+ have been outstanding in their classes. Therefore phantom 8 should have been a serious improvement over it's predecessors to avoid these controversies.<br />
        I still have more confidence in my phantom 7+, the true and only beast among phones.

Comment

• Onoja commented
          Editing a comment
          Which phantom 7+? Prolly you bought it in your dream

• Ibeakanma commented
          Editing a comment
          Participants in this forum are expected to understand that it is not for insulting other contributors . Common sense should make participants understand some common mistakes that others may make.

• Bridget commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm sure she is just being , and you saying she should use common sense is uncalled for

<br />
        Sometimes you amaze me the way you display ignorance! <br />
        If I hadn't operated the Phantom 8 now, I might have believed your tales. Please get your facts right before you start launching an attack at a brand.
        Thanks for using Tecno Mobile

Comment

• omoalajah commented
          Editing a comment
          ignorance o.

• Onoja commented
          Editing a comment
          See, these things weak me. Internet is there for everybody to read up about Stuffs you don't understand

• Bridget commented
          Editing a comment
          The urge to put mouth in everything without reading up about it is the thing killing us as a country

It's not really about figures sometimes but Improvements. People want Helio X30 but how many phone company is using it at the moment? I agree it's a second Gen Decacore processor but we all know MediaTek was unable to really fix Heat issues on the 1st Gen Decacore Helio X20, unable to balance High performance & Power efficiency without a better Copilot. For now just few phones has Helio X30 which is not a must.
        Originally posted by Ibeakanma
        If the standards of the phantoms, 6 and 8, are rated by an internationally acclaimed benchmark, which ever is rated higher is superior. Tecno Mobile should have considered the fact that phantoms z, 5 and 7+ have been outstanding in their classes. Therefore phantom 8 should have been a serious improvement over it's predecessors to avoid these controversies.<br /><br />
        <br />
        I still have more confidence in my phantom 7+, the true and only beast among phones.

Comment

MediaTek Helio P25 was introduced with fantastic features and Tecno hardware engineers have ran adequate test before using the Chipset.<br />
          Other phone brands is also using the same Chipset on premium flagship phones e.g Samsung Galaxy series, Gionee and Doogee. Why should Tecno cancel Phantom 8

Comment

• datyorubaboy commented
            Editing a comment
            Canceling it? What a funny idea

Bros, imagine the phones you are using as example.. Phones that Phantom 6 Plus is rated higher than on various benchmarks.. Please you should be urging Tecno to move forward instead of backwards. Helio P25 is a cheap chipset and it's not meant for flagships.. Tecno goofed..
          Bros why are you talking like this about Helio P25? Who told you the Helio P series is cheap. Do you know Samsung Galaxy On Max & Gionee S10 is using the same Chipset. Have you seen those phones for before? Just because you're expecting Helio X30 doesn't mean Helio P25 is cheap with all the amazing features stated. Yet you still condemn

Comment

And what are their ratings on Benchmarks? Please stop amusing me..
            All of them run premium Helio P25 6GB memory similar features. You hate Tecno then stop condemning the Chipset<br />
            <br />
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n155672[/ATTACH]<br />
            <br />
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n155673[/ATTACH]<br />
            <br />
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n155674[/ATTACH]<br />
            <br />
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n155675[/ATTACH]

Comment

Please Tecno should stop exploiting innocent customers and even itself. Helio X30 is far better and I believe Tecno dumped it for Helio P25 to make more money through over hype. Phantom 6 Plus Remains far better than the 8 in all angles
              It's not really about figures sometimes but Improvements. People want Helio X30 but how many phone company is using it at the moment? I agree it's a second Gen Decacore processor but we all know MediaTek was unable to really fix Heat issues on the 1st Gen Decacore Helio X20, unable to balance High performance & Power efficiency without a better Copilot. For now just few phones has Helio X30 which is not a must.
              If the standards of the phantoms, 6 and 8, are rated by an internationally acclaimed benchmark, which ever is rated higher is superior. Tecno Mobile should have considered the fact that phantoms z, 5 and 7+ have been outstanding in their classes. Therefore phantom 8 should have been a serious improvement over it's predecessors to avoid these controversies.<br /><br /><br />
              <br />
              <br /><br />
              <br />

Comment

Yes it was introduced with "fantastic features" for cheap and middle range devices on dual camera and not for flagships..
                MediaTek Helio P25 was introduced with fantastic features and Tecno hardware engineers have ran adequate test before using the Chipset.<br /><br />
                <br />
                Other phone brands is also using the same Chipset on premium flagship phones e.g Samsung Galaxy series, Gionee and Doogee. Why should Tecno cancel Phantom 8

Comment

I have also handled the same Phantom 8 and it is clear you chose to be biased to favour your employer or pay master... Tecno Phantom 6 plus is far better than Phantom 8.. If you doubt invite a neutral independent reviewer to do a comparison between both devices..
                  Originally posted by Kaykerry
                  <br /><br />
                  <br />
                  Sometimes you amaze me the way you display ignorance! <br /><br />
                  <br />
                  If I hadn't operated the Phantom 8 now, I might have believed your tales. Please get your facts right before you start launching an attack at a brand.

Comment

• Shade Johnson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You claim is lame, what exactly was your judgement based on? I would love to know sef.

Gbam! Don't mind those dudes.. Phantom 6 Plus Remains The Beast
                  If the standards of the phantoms, 6 and 8, are rated by an internationally acclaimed benchmark, which ever is rated higher is superior. Tecno Mobile should have considered the fact that phantoms z, 5 and 7+ have been outstanding in their classes. Therefore phantom 8 should have been a serious improvement over it's predecessors to avoid these controversies.<br /><br />
                  <br />

Comment

• Shade Johnson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You cannot compare 6plus with 8 if you haven't used 8 though. The only thing 6plus has to offer is battery capacity, finish. 8 will destroy 6plus anyday anytime.
                Advanced Options
                Working...
                X
                Download the App for a More Fluid Experience
                DOWNLOAD