This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TECNO PHANTOM 8 REVIEW All

Phantom 8 is the newest and best phone so far from Tecno Mobile. This phones has been my daily driver for some while so i decided to share my review on Tecno's newest flagship

BUILD QUALITY
    Tecno has delivered a very impressive build quality with the Phantom 8, with its new diamond fire design language which makes it feel more expensive than it actually is. Design elements like the chamfered edges and shiny back gorilla glass which curves slightly into the metal frame makes this phone a pleasure to hold.
    Phantom8-PC_12.jpg

NETWORK
    Global connectivity is available on this device, this means you can use this phone anywhere in the world.Data connectivity is also consistent as it pinned to 4G most times with my MTN SIM compared to what you get on similar phones with 4G support.

DISPLAY
    A 5.7-inch IPS LTPS LED display greets you with Full HD panel which has great viewing angles, good outdoor visibility at 500 nits and really saturated colors which you can personalize to taste with MiraVision deep down in the display settings. Of course this display is protected by a 2.5D gorilla glass which means its scratch resistance.

SOFTWARE
    It wouldn't be a phantom review if we didn't talk about HIOS 3.0 skin which has been cleaned up to be buttery smooth and responsive compared to the previous version. Even with the clean up, there was no trade off when it comes to features themes, fonts etc are still present. HiOS 3.0 still runs on Android 7.0 nougat which brings google assistant, split screen multitasking, improved battery life and performance to the table.
    Phantom8-PC_11.jpg

PERFORMANCE
    Looking in performance, the underrated Helio P25 paired with 6GB RAM is something of the unknown, this chipset is plenty powerful for covering up all the basic tasks without breaking a sweat. Switching between apps is a breeze and app restart is almost eliminated depending on how many apps you push.
    Phantom8-PC_07.jpg

CAMERA
    The camera is the most interesting aspect of the Phantom 8, those dual cameras with one main 12MP sensor and one telephoto 13MP sensor which allows for those amazing portrait photos,2X digital zoom and 10X super Zoom. The The camera app is nicely designed and organised switching between camera modes is super easy, it just takes a slide to the left of the right. The camera app which launches very fast also comes with Auto HDR support is capable of delivering brighter images with more than dynamic range than most phones of his price range. photos from the 20mp selfie camera of the phantom 8 comes out clean most of the time with lots of details. When it comes to video, both front and back cameras records videos at Full HD(1080p) at 60fps.
    Phantom8-PC_03.jpg

BATTERY
    For such a 7.9mm slim phone, it's cool to see the 3500mah battery with runtime which is above what is expected with such battery life. This battery will make it the whole day of use with about of 8 hours screen on time. Charge time with its charger is also fast 0-100% in 1 hour 20mins.
    Phantom8-PC_10.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS
    Phantom 8 packs a pretty large bottom firing speaker which will not lose audio quality at high volumes.
    The future USB cable specification ‘USB-C’ connector is standard, the standard allows for faster data between your phone and PC and fast charging with USB power delivery technology.

WRAP UP
    The focus of this phone will definitely be on the main camera which delivers amazing shots almost every time a picture is taken.
    Overall, the tecno has proved they can manufacture a beautiful competitive device without any deal breakers this phone is nice and I enjoy every moment with it.

Peace!
    Last edited by lewismathu; 11-27-2017, 05:47 PM.
    Creamtech.com.ng

IG/TW @dc7official

The device is very good but don't call it the best.

Comment

• datyorubaboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah

• missslimzy17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its the best for now in TECNO's department

Originally posted by dc7official View Post
    Phantom 8 is the newest and best phone so far. This phones has been my daily driver for some while so i decided to share my review on Tecno's newest flagship

BUILD QUALITY
    Tecno has delivered a very impressive build quality with the Phantom 8, with its new diamond fire design language which makes it feel more expensive than it actually is. Design elements like the chamfered edges and shiny back gorilla glass which curves slightly into the metal frame makes this phone a pleasure to hold.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n161739[/ATTACH]

NETWORK
    Global connectivity is available on this device, this means you can use this phone anywhere in the world.Data connectivity is also consistent as it pinned to 4G most times with my MTN SIM compared to what you get on similar phones with 4G support.

DISPLAY
    A 5.7-inch IPS LTPS LED display greets you with Full HD panel which has great viewing angles, good outdoor visibility at 500 nits and really saturated colors which you can personalize to taste with MiraVision deep down in the display settings. Of course this display is protected by a 2.5D gorilla glass which means its scratch resistance.

SOFTWARE
    It wouldn't be a phantom review if we didn't talk about HIOS 3.0 skin which has been cleaned up to be buttery smooth and responsive compared to the previous version. Even with the clean up, there was no trade off when it comes to features themes, fonts etc are still present. HiOS 3.0 still runs on Android 7.0 nougat which brings google assistant, split screen multitasking, improved battery life and performance to the table.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n161737[/ATTACH]

PERFORMANCE
    Looking in performance, the underrated Helio P25 paired with 6GB RAM is something of the unknown, this chipset is plenty powerful for covering up all the basic tasks without breaking a sweat. Switching between apps is a breeze and app restart is almost eliminated depending on how many apps you push.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n161735[/ATTACH]

CAMERA
    The camera is the most interesting aspect of the Phantom 8, those dual cameras with one main 12MP sensor and one telephoto 13MP sensor which allows for those amazing portrait photos,2X digital zoom and 10X super Zoom. The The camera app is nicely designed and organised switching between camera modes is super easy, it just takes a slide to the left of the right. The camera app which launches very fast also comes with Auto HDR support is capable of delivering brighter images with more than dynamic range than most phones of his price range. photos from the 20mp selfie camera of the phantom 8 comes out clean most of the time with lots of details. When it comes to video, both front and back cameras records videos at Full HD(1080p) at 60fps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n161736[/ATTACH]

BATTERY
    For such a 7.9mm slim phone, it's cool to see the 3500mah battery with runtime which is above what is expected with such battery life. This battery will make it the whole day of use with about of 8 hours screen on time. Charge time with its charger is also fast 0-100% in 1 hour 20mins.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n161738[/ATTACH]

HONOURABLE MENTIONS
    Phantom 8 packs a pretty large bottom firing speaker which will not lose audio quality at high volumes.
    The future USB cable specification ‘USB-C’ connector is standard, the standard allows for faster data between your phone and PC and fast charging with USB power delivery technology.

WRAP UP
    The focus of this phone will definitely be on the main camera which delivers amazing shots almost every time a picture is taken.
    Overall, the tecno has proved they can manufacture a beautiful competitive device without any deal breakers this phone is nice and I enjoy every moment with it.

Peace!
    Nice read

Comment

Originally posted by Bravesoulmarz
      The device is very good but don't call it the best.
      <br />
      the best from Tecno I mean, typo
      Creamtech.com.ng

IG/TW @dc7official

Comment

• omoalajah commented
        Editing a comment
        i like it so much

• missslimzy17 commented
        Editing a comment
        The best the best

nice review