This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY PHANTOM 6 EXPERIENCE Nigeria

Everyone has various definition of what a good smartphone is and what it should be, but for me there are basically 5 things that defines a good smartphone this includes the design, battery life, performance, software/ecosystem and camera. Specifications dose well in giving us insight on how well a device will perform, its dose not always play out like that in real life use. What I tend to achieve here is to see if the phantom 6 will do well in all these 5 categories irrespective of the specifications.

The phantom 6 is gorgeous, it’s a phone that depicts class, I have the Champaign gold version with me and I always feel confident with it in public, it’s a very attractive device which pulls attention to itself with its looks. When it comes to ergonomics, this phone is very slim and it feels so light in the hand, the metal rim around the side made the phone feel solid especially when I used it without the case. However, I didn’t see the design as perfect coz its back is made of plastic this makes the back of the phone scratch easily and feel less durable, Tecno did well to include a smart case with this phone on purchase. The presence of the smart case means I had protection to the back and the front glass of the phone.

The battery usage for various people differ, so am sure some users will not agree with me on this one, but the phantom 6 battery was great. For the phantom 6 I think tecno was trying to trade off battery life for the sleek design of the phone, at first I taught that would affect the battery life performance, but it didn’t the battery on this phone last as if its 3000mah battery even more, thanks to its better energy efficient processor and software I can get up to 4hours screen on time which is better than some devices with larger battery. This phone can last me the day on average use but any day I tend to overuse the phone the battery runs out before 3pm.

Everyone wants a phone which carries out its given task in time without any noticeable lags, this phone has not disappointed me performance wise, its not the fastest nor is it totally lag free, but it carries out test without significant slowdowns or lags, I am not a gamer, but I decided try out some HD games on the phone and it handled games well except for some dropped frames noticed while gamming on this phone was smooth. I run majorly productivity applications which requires me to switch back and forth various applications, my phantom 6 able to hold up to 5 of my recent apps in memory without constant refresh; this was a problem I faced with most other phones but not on my P6.

Software is as important as a hardware, a great hardware specification with bad software equals a bad phone, but that’s not the case with my phantom, Android 6.0 & HiOS have combined to create a unique user interface which is simple, useful and well optimized. unlike some UI which contains a lot of bloatware’s and gimmicky features which you wouldn’t need, HiOS is free of gimmicky features and bloatware’s.

Camera has become one of the most important features of smartphones nowadays, and the phantom camera has not disappointed at all, I never knew how much people loved the dual camera was until all the ladies in our office turned me to their professional camera man “ken pls come and snap me with that you phone” even the iphone users, their major interest was the background blur which obviously their phone dint have. Phantom 6 don turn me to Rockstar.

The P6 ticked all the boxes which makes a good phone and even made me a camera man. My experience with this phone has been awesome,
    How has your phantom 6 experience been? tell us in the comment section.

SEE YOU IN THE NEXT ONE. PEACE!

We can never get tired of reading phantom reviews.

Comment

• omoalajah
      omoalajah commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats how great the device is

• datyorubaboy
      datyorubaboy commented
      Editing a comment
      The device is the best of 2016

• TamaraPosibi
      TamaraPosibi commented
      Editing a comment
      That's because the device is truly a masterpiece

Nice one

Comment

My Phantom 6 plus is gorgeous and it makes my life and business easy. When I charge it, it takes me through out the day even on heavy usage. They call it beast but I call it "my system"

Comment

• omoalajah
        omoalajah commented
        Editing a comment
        Well done Sairus

• datyorubaboy
        datyorubaboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats good to hear

• TamaraPosibi
        TamaraPosibi commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good feedback

What a review man, am on my way to the shop now.....!
      Technology is an art of creativity

Comment

• omoalajah
        omoalajah commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice one baba

• TamaraPosibi
        TamaraPosibi commented
        Editing a comment
        I suggest you buy it before their promo is over

• BarakaAkyoo
        BarakaAkyoo commented
        Editing a comment
        You must come with me missslimzy17

cool device

Comment

• missslimzy17
        missslimzy17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice device

MY phantom 6 plus power adapter got fired by light, where can I get another 1

Comment

• TamaraPosibi
        TamaraPosibi commented
        Editing a comment
        Check carlcare stores, they stock oraimo products which are compatible with tecno phones

• omoalajah
        omoalajah commented
        Editing a comment
        Go to Digital Square at Ikeja

I just fell in love with the slim design of this phone. So sleek and delicately refined.

Comment

• TamaraPosibi
        TamaraPosibi commented
        Editing a comment
        My fascination with the phone is the fact that they could fit in such a high-powered battery on such a sleek phone

• datyorubaboy
        datyorubaboy commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too ,

This is detailed. Have I seen a negative tale about the phantom 6? I doubt it. It's a nice device.

Comment

• dc7official
        dc7official commented
        Editing a comment
        nothing to hate this device for.

• TamaraPosibi
        TamaraPosibi commented
        Editing a comment
        There's really nothing negative about the device from what I've heard

I experienced it for a week. It culminated with when I was on residential in Unilag. Man, I was more than a rock star. The ladies love it like wow!!!

Comment

• missslimzy17
        missslimzy17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well done Sir

• Scarycuteface
        Scarycuteface commented
        Editing a comment
        That's nice. Sure the ladies will love it's slimness and it's camera features

Originally posted by Dbrigde View Post
      MY phantom 6 plus power adapter got fired by light, where can I get another 1
      Check any oraimo store. They are Tecno partners for accessories

Comment

my phantom 6plus now takes alot of time to charge completely. please what could be the cause?

Comment

Originally posted by Iam_Demola View Post
          I experienced it for a week. It culminated with when I was on residential in Unilag. Man, I was more than a rock star. The ladies love it like wow!!!

Whao. What would have become of you if you had the beast "phantom 6+" instead?

Comment

this is my target device after my unique J8

Comment

Originally posted by lordlukas1 View Post
              my phantom 6plus now takes alot of time to charge completely. please what could be the cause?

Ah! Go to a carlcare centre

Comment

Advanced Options
              Working...
              X
              Download the App for a More Fluid Experience
              DOWNLOAD